Put Your Work In Front of the Publishing Business – Live and On-Air!
Traditionally the manuscript submission process has been cloaked in mystery.
“No writer really understands how their submissions are evaluated,” explains literary agent Peter Cox. “It often takes many weeks for writers to get a response. And a rejection slip explains nothing.”
Last year, Litopia made history when it opened up the submissions process to public scrutiny. Every Sunday, Peter reviewed his submission pile on Facebook Live; while the authors themselves watched and even commented in the chat room.
“We’re taking the mystery out of the process,” Peter says. “Seeing exactly how the process works can only benefit writers.”
The NEW Pop-Up Submissions…
Building on the success of last year’s live events, Pop-Up Submissions is back – with an exciting new format, handling more submissions than ever and featuring guest publishers, too!
Every Sunday (well almost every Sunday – check inside the Colony for schedule updates) Peter and his guests look forward to reviewing your work.
This is a brilliant opportunity to show your work directly to some of the most highly-experienced people in the business – and to be a fly on the wall as your submission is considered.
Don’t be nervous! Peter likes writers. He won’t bite.
Send your submission to us using the form below.
You can watch live on Litopia’s Facebook page. Make sure you turn on your speakers so you can hear what’s being said! If you’d like to join the live chat, you should join Litopia Writers’ Colony where you’ll find full instructions. Pop-Up Submissions takes place on most Sundays at 6pm UK time. For times in other parts of the world, click here. We’ll try to make sure you’re told in advance when your work will appear.
This is what we’d like to receive from you:
- The first 600 words of your work. Why only 600 words? “Because,” says Peter, “agents and publishers typically form a view of the submission from the first few pages. First impressions count! If we like what we read, we’ll call in a full submission.”
- The title, genre, selling copy (blurb) and brief author biography.
- Any other relevant information, e.g. website, blog, Facebook page or Amazon page.
- Optional – if you have a YouTube promo video relating to your book, send us the link.
- Optional – if you would like to submit your own reading of your work, send us an mp3 file.
We don’t require a full synopsis of the work at this stage; if Peter or a guest publisher wants to call in the full manuscript that is the time to supply a synopsis.
Is This Free?
Yes, it’s free to make a Pop-Up Submission. Courtesy of the good patrons of Litopia Writers’ Colony. Consider joining!
Make A Submission
Terms of Submission
We can only accept work for consideration on Pop-Up Submissions on the following conditions, no exceptions or waivers. If you send us your work, it means you accept these conditions.
Definitions: “Work” means the writing and all accompanying material in any medium you submit to us for inclusion in our Pop-Up Submissions live events. “Litopia” is a trading name of The Redhammer Management Ltd. “We” means Litopia.
- You understand and accept that the Work may, at our sole discretion, be included in Litopia’s Pop-Up Submissions event, currently broadcast live on Facebook and YouTube. Other live destinations and platforms may be added. The event will be recorded and permanently made available for public viewing through Facebook, YouTube and other similar platforms. You understand that no royalties or fees will be paid to you or other organization acting on your behalf.
- Litopia shall not be obliged to make use of any Work you submit and shall not be liable for any consequential loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation or otherwise.
- No material will be returned. It is therefore essential for you to keep a copy.
- You must submit only your own original work and you warrant that it does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- You must be the sole author of the Work. You warrant that you have obtained all necessary consents and permissions on behalf of all persons or entities contributing to any accompanying material you submit and are authorized by any such persons or entities to grant the rights set out in these terms and conditions.
- You will indemnify and keep Litopia, its presenters, guests and staff indemnified from and against all and any claims, costs, damages, expenses, actions suffered or incurred by Litopia arising out of any breach of the warranties you have given.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and no other jurisdiction shall be applicable