What You Tell Us...
“It's really a big 'thank you' for my slot on Pop-Up Submissions - I've agreed a 3 book deal with Head of Zeus! The confidence gained from the generally positive feedback gave me the impetus to submit to my agent. It's further evidence of the great value Litopia adds to the industry, particularly for relative newcomers. Thank you again and keep up the excellent work!”
“I just wanted to let you know that the feedback from Pop-Up Submissions undoubtedly played a large part in me eventually getting a 5 book deal from Ares/Head of Zeus. So thanks again. The experience was invaluable.”
“This was amazing! I'm super thankful to hear a little about what's going on inside the agent's mind when they see my pitch! Thank you so much!”
“I was on last week for another of my works-in-progress (Wolf Totem) and the feedback was brilliant. I've been thus inspired to a frenzy of revisions across the board. I'm looking forward to submitting again, when I've had a bit of an edit. Thank you!”
“I appreciate being able to go on the show with my submission. I have noted all the suggestions and will keep working. This show is very helpful to writers like myself who are trying to break into the business and feel a little lost along the way.”
“I learned a lot… I've already changed the working title based on the feedback of the participating agents and have already been through the opening pages a few times looking for ways to further enhance my story.”
Thanks for the valuable feedback - I would highly recommend any new writers putting their first 700 words in front of this panel of incredible honest people and critics! I didn't learn to read until I was almost an adult and I can tell you that the wise input of the Litopians will give you the opportunity to know how to use your voice and your talent!
I found the show really helpful, I was kind of stuck/not happy with the opening, and the guys' ideas on where to start etc.. have really helped! So for me it’s worth every penny and I will definitely be paying for the Priority Submission again. I'm now also a fan of the show and will be tuning in!
I just wanted to drop you a quick note to thank everyone at Litopia for your help yesterday, especially Peter, Mo and Jon for their comments, and Kay for her lovely reading. It was extremely useful... I've been wondering idly for a while about the wisdom of opening with the antagonist rather than the protagonist, and yesterday decided me.
The feedback I received on Pop-Ups boosted my confidence and provided an incentive for me to finish the manuscript. Within six months of sending off my first query letter I had signed with a literary agent.
*** NEWS ***
An Exciting New Relationship With A Leading Publisher
We’re delighted to announce an exciting new route to publication for Pop-Up alumni. Each month’s Pop-Up winner will go directly to leading British publisher Head of Zeus for serious publishing consideration.
Watch the video for more information or download The Bookseller / BookBrunch publishing trade news story.
Priority Submission or Regular Submission?
A Priority Submission aims to get your work onto the show in a matter of weeks, not months. It costs only $29.95 to make a Priority Submission: the best way to get timely feedback on your work with minimum delay.
Success in the publishing industry is often about strategic timing. With a Priority Submission, you can strike while the iron’s hot: test a new book concept without spending months writing the entire manuscript!
Priority submissions are not identified as such on the show. They are treated identically to non-priority submissions.
Check the box on the submission form below to make a Priority Submission.
Make Your Submission Now!
Terms of Submission
We can only accept work for consideration on Pop-Up Submissions on the following conditions, no exceptions or waivers. If you send us your work, it means you accept these conditions.
TLDR: You retain all rights in your work, but you’re giving us permission to include it in the show.
Definitions: “You” means the person making the submission. “We” "Us" and "Our" means The Redhammer Management Ltd and anyone authorised to act on its behalf. “Work” means the writing and all accompanying material in any medium sent for inclusion in Pop-Up Submissions live events. “Litopia” and “Litopia Writers' Colony” are trading names of The Redhammer Management Ltd.
- You understand and accept that the Work may, at Our sole discretion, be included in Litopia's Pop-Up Submissions event, currently broadcast live on various internet platforms. The event will be recorded and permanently made available for public viewing. You agree that no royalties or fees of any sort whatsoever will be paid to You or other organization acting on your behalf.
- We shall not be obliged to make use of any Work You submit and shall not be liable for any consequential loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation or otherwise.
- No material will be returned. It is therefore essential for You to keep a copy.
- You must submit only Your own original work and You warrant that it does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- You must be the sole author of the Work. You warrant that you have obtained all necessary consents and permissions on behalf of all persons or entities contributing to any accompanying material You submit and are authorized by any such persons or entities to grant the rights set out in these terms and conditions.
- You will indemnify and keep Us, our presenters, guests and staff indemnified from and against all and any claims, costs, damages, expenses, actions suffered or incurred by Us arising out of any breach of the warranties You have given.
- Exclusion of liability. Under no circumstances will We or anyone acting on Our behalf, be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, defamation or otherwise, even if foreseeable. The exclusion specifically includes any alleged loss You may believe You have suffered as a result of making a submission to Us.This exclusion of liability therefore covers all liability for any of the following categories of loss or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation (including defamation); (f) losses suffered by third parties; (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from Your use of Pop-Up Submissions regardless of the form of action.This clause does not affect Our liability for death or personal injury arising from Our negligence, nor Our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and no other jurisdiction shall be applicable.