Make A Pop-Up Submission…
Showcase your work directly to the publishing business –
and be a fly on the wall as your submission is considered.
Every Sunday literary agent Peter Cox and his guests review the weeks’ manuscript submissions live, on-air.
The winner of each show is permanently enrolled into Litopia’s Pop-Up Winners Hall of Fame: an impressive achievment for any writer and a note of distinction on your writing CV!
You can make a regular submission to us using the form below.
Alternatively, if you’re in a hurry – why not take advantage of our NEW, Fast-Track Priority Pop-Up Submission. It’s easy! First, join Litopia (it’s free). Then visit the Upgrade Control Panel and select “PRIORITY POP-UP SUBMISSION”. Instantly, you’ll get access to our Fast-Track submission area. It’s quick, easy, and you’re guaranteed to be included on the next available show.
(And don’t be nervous! Peter likes writers. He won’t bite.)
What To Submit
This is what we’d like to receive from you:
- The first 700 words of your work. Why only 700 words? “Because,” says Peter, “agents and publishers typically form a view of the submission from the first few pages. First impressions count! If we like what we read, we’ll call in a full submission.”
- The title, genre, selling copy (blurb) and brief author biography.
- A link to feature on the show e.g. your website, your blog, your Facebook page or your Amazon page.
We don’t require a full synopsis of the work to be submitted. If Peter or a guest publisher / agent wants to see a synopsis, they will ask for it.
Make Your Submission
Join us live, every Sunday, at 5pm UK time / 12noon EST / 9am PST. Watch live on…
Members of Litopia Writers’ Colony can join in the live on-air chat. For times in other parts of the world, click here.
When Will Your Work Appear?
We usually announce the titles we’re reviewing a few days before the show, on Twitter. Follow our feed (very low-volume) to find out when your work will appear. Fast-Track Submissions will be notified separately.
Recordings & Podcasts
Terms of Submission
We can only accept work for consideration on Pop-Up Submissions on the following conditions, no exceptions or waivers. If you send us your work, it means you accept these conditions.
Definitions: “You” means the person making the submission. “We” “Us” and “Our” means The Redhammer Management Ltd and anyone authorised to act on its behalf. “Work” means the writing and all accompanying material in any medium sent for inclusion in Pop-Up Submissions live events. “Litopia” and “Litopia Writers’ Colony” are trading names of The Redhammer Management Ltd.
- You understand and accept that the Work may, at Our sole discretion, be included in Litopia’s Pop-Up Submissions event, currently broadcast live on various internet platforms. The event will be recorded and permanently made available for public viewing. You agree that no royalties or fees of any sort whatsoever will be paid to You or other organization acting on your behalf.
- We shall not be obliged to make use of any Work You submit and shall not be liable for any consequential loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation or otherwise.
- No material will be returned. It is therefore essential for You to keep a copy.
- You must submit only Your own original work and You warrant that it does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- You must be the sole author of the Work. You warrant that you have obtained all necessary consents and permissions on behalf of all persons or entities contributing to any accompanying material You submit and are authorized by any such persons or entities to grant the rights set out in these terms and conditions.
- You will indemnify and keep Us, our presenters, guests and staff indemnified from and against all and any claims, costs, damages, expenses, actions suffered or incurred by Us arising out of any breach of the warranties You have given.
- Exclusion of liability. Under no circumstances will We or anyone acting on Our behalf, be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, defamation or otherwise, even if foreseeable. The exclusion specifically includes any alleged loss You may believe You have suffered as a result of making a submission to Us.This exclusion of liability therefore covers all liability for any of the following categories of loss or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation (including defamation); (f) losses suffered by third parties; (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from Your use of Pop-Up Submissions regardless of the form of action.This clause does not affect Our liability for death or personal injury arising from Our negligence, nor Our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and no other jurisdiction shall be applicable.