The Passion of The JK Rowling
Pride Only Helps Us To Be Generous; It Never Makes Us So, Any More Than Vanity Makes Us Witty
Edinburgh resident JK Rowling gives a million quid to campaign against Scottish independence from Britain. And is promptly labeled a specky bastard, a ginga and a squeaky wee bitch. Way to go, ScotsNats!
In this episode, we cover some of the issues behind the forthcoming referendum on Scottish independence (not currently on the news agenda Stateside – you heard it here first). Also discussing these stories:
- Latter-day Saints claims IP rights to “Mormon” name
- “Amazon of Middle East” is launching “banned books” section to confound censors, good luck with that
- Author claims Chobani yogurt stole his ideas for ad campaign – How?!?
- Fifty Shades of Grey’s Australian publisher accused of scamming business partners
- $18 Million Settlement of Freelance Suit Against Electronic Databases Granted Final Approval
- Narrow Fair Use Ruling Permits Limited Library Uses, Shoots Down Replacement
- NCAA To Pay $20M To Exit Student-Athlete Publicity Suit
- Judge Ends Lawsuit by ‘Mockingbird’ Author Lee
Our next Debriefer will be recorded on July 18th, we’re on a summer schedule now!