A Mockinbird Settles
It would be sort of like shooting a mockingbird, wouldn't it?
One of the wonderful things about our listeners is that they share their views and experiences with us. So it is that, after we last covered the lawsuit brought by “To Kill a Mockingbird” legend Harper Lee against a museum in her south Alabama hometown, both Donna and Peter have changed their views on the case. Thank you, Debriefists!
Well, that suit has been settled now – and a very good thing, too.
And while we’re speaking of past shows, here is the link Peter mentioned to our show featuring author Sherry Jones, who we interviewed three years ago about the extremist threats she suffered with her book “The Jewel of Medina”. Sadly, here is a very similar case – this time featuring Penguin and Wendy Doniger’s book “The Hindus”.
Other links in this show include:
- Harper Collins to stop illegally collecting personal information about children
- Winnipeg Mayor Sam Katz sues student newspaper
- Books Rate More Negatively After Winning Awards
- Why Are Book Sales A Secret?:
- Court-Appointed Monitor To Stay At Apple