I Love You More Than My iPod!
Writers are inherently sensitive people: part of a continuum that at its furthermost extremity finds not just intense creativity but also florid psychosis. So is writing a disorder, then – a maladaptation to the “real” world? Alternatively, are “normal” people (i.e. non-writers) essentially lacking in sensitivity and only dimly conscious of the intensity of their surroundings? That’s Dave Bartram’s thesis this week, and we’re lucky enough to have Dr. Susan O’Doherty on the panel tonight (Dr. Sue is the writers’ therapist) to get stuck into a fascinating discussion.
The wondrous Mur Lafferty is our special guest tonight – she’s looking at the pro’s and con’s of often-reviled fan fiction – and our own Tweetmeister, marketing guru and social media prognosticator Jamie Mollart completes a very strong panel that’ll have you jumping up and down wanting to get involved!
And in fact, you can – why don’t you join us live in the chatroom next week – we kick off at 8pm UK / 3pm EST every Friday here![audio:lad/lad_124.mp3]
Your support keeps us going!
Other topics on tonight’s show include:
- After spending decades fighting crime in the same star-spangled Spandex she’s worn since 1941, ‘Wonder Woman’ gets a wardrobe update
- Colin Hall, Lord Mayor of Leicester, has wardrobe malfunction at public library – many gain new global perspective
- Tesco’s new garden shed costs $15,000
- UK government spends fortune to spy on Russian communications, learns about pseudo-folksongs
- Is the novel shrinking?
- ” Middlemarch” is not for the Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder generation – what’s wrong with us?
This week’s titles for the Commissioning Meeting are:
“Oomphel in the Sky”
H. Beam Piper, 1904-1964
“Out with Gun and Camera”
“Other People’s Money”
Émile Gaboriau, 1832-1873
“Ohio Biological Survey, Bull. 10, Vol. 11, No. 6 The Ascomycetes of Ohio IV and V”
Bruce Fink, 1861-1927 & Leafy Jane Corrington Hilker, 1889-
If you liked this show, please take this time to ReTweet it using Twitter (see the ReTweet button underneath) and share it with others. You may also want to follow us to stay up to date with all our shows. And please feel free to leave your comments below!
Photo by .Storm
GIVE US A TITLE – GET A TITLE!
Join us next week in the chatroom and win another fabulous new title – in return for giving us a title for the show!