Don’t Let The Editor Touch My Chode!
It’s our last Litopia After Dark before our summer break – we’ll be back live and kicking on Friday 13th of August, do join us in the chatroom to celebrate – and we’re certainly going out with an all-star bang!
We have not one but two divine divas of writing and podcasting – from New Zealand, award-winning author Philippa Ballantine, and from Durham, North Carolina, #1 bestselling author Mur Lafferty. But that’s not all – from the heart of British publishing, we have YA author and publishing industry expert Graham Marks – and from England’s West Country, writer and Litopia stalwart Dave Bartram. All this plus our own inimitable Eve Harvey reporting from an ebullient chatroom – and you’ve got sixty minutes of the finest thinking-person’s entertainment you’ll find on the net!
Do join us live in the chatroom for our next show on Friday 13th August (don’t forget to diary it!) – we’ll kick off at 8pm UK / 3pm EST here![audio:lad/lad_126.mp3]
Your support keeps us going!
Other topics on tonight’s show include:
- Tim Burton and Johnny Depp do vampires – can we get excited?
- Not unusual for Brighton, but for Lewes it’s Armageddon
- Speed-eater Joey “Jaws” Chestnut licks Takeru “Tsunami” Kobayashi
- Divers discover Louis 16th’s bubbly from 1780 – cheers!
- Will success spoil you as a writer – just as it did Herman Munster?
- Why the hell do so many people lounge around talking about writing?
- Transmedia – the latest buzzword for you
- Hot chicks with bazookas – or why trying to ‘catch the next big thing’ will make you lose the art of writing
This week’s titles for the Commissioning Meeting are:
“The Planetoid of Peril”
Paul Ernst, 1899-1985
“The Pain and Sorrow of Evil Marriage”
Wynkyn de Worde ? – 1534
“After Two Nights of the Ear-ache”
“Adrift on an Ice-Pan”
Sir Wilfred Thomason Grenfell, 1865-1940
If you liked this show, please take this time to ReTweet it using Twitter (see the ReTweet button underneath) and share it with others. You may also want to follow us to stay up to date with all our shows. And please feel free to leave your comments below!
Photo by Thomas Hawk
GIVE US A TITLE – GET A TITLE!
Join us next week in the chatroom and win another fabulous new title – in return for giving us a title for the show!