Deadmau5 Takes The Mickey
Some D00d Appears To Have Moved Your Cheese, Mr. Disney
He gets $425,000 for a gig – that’s a whole lot of cheese – and Joel Thomas Zimmerman, better known as Deadmau5, is about to have the adventure of his life. The Walt Disney Company have finally woken up to the fact that Mr. Zimmerman’s rodentiatic trade mark bears some resemblance to their very own crown jewels… and they’re not happy. Cue m’learned friends. Someone’s getting pwn3d.
Links to other stories featured in this episode…
- EU Court: No Parody For You!
- European court rules that libraries can digitize books
- Deadmau5 fights Disney in mouse ear logo legal dispute
- Fan Arrested As Terrorist For Posting Lyrics Speaks Out
- Author Says Christian Novel Plagiarized, Sex Added
- World Fantasy awards pressed to drop HP Lovecraft trophy in racism row
- Barnes and Noble Suspends the Ability to Download Nook eBooks
- James Cameron Wins Another ‘Avatar’ Lawsuit
- Authors United Preparing New Amazon Initiative
Photo by Drew Ressler