Back With A Bang!
Our Summer break’s over and we’re back with a bang tonight – with panellists that include the writers’ therapist Dr. Susan O’Doherty from New York, award-winning author and broadcaster Philippa Ballantine from New Zealand, writer and marketing guru Jamie Mollart from England and writer, bookseller and one-woman multi-functional device Eve Harvey live and direct from Edinburgh where the Festival is in full swing.
Don’t forget that our new live show OPEN HOUSE takes place immediately before Litopia After Dark every Friday – it’s your show, open for you to call in and chat to Peter – full details here.
Do join us live in the chatroom next week – we kick off at 8pm UK / 3pm EST here![audio:lad/lad_128.mp3]
Your support keeps us going! If you receive some value from our shows, please give us some value in return!
Topics on tonight’s show include:
- Ice, Rooney, Puppy or Tesco – what will Litopia’s lovechild be called?
- Bring out your inner Mulder or Scully here
- Droves of Japanese centenarians go awol
- Elvis Harvey – a star is born
- Why is it so excruciating to read your own work in public?
- Is it Ok for grownups to read kids’ books – or has neoteny gone too far?
- Are discount bookstores killing publishing?
- Zombies and insert-literary-allusion-here are a one-joke wonder
This week’s titles for the Commissioning Meeting are:
“The Thirteenth Chair”
Bayard Veiller, 1869-1943
“Le Horror Altissime = The Horror of the Heights”
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930
“The Thirteen Little Black Pigs”
Mrs. Molesworth, 1839-1921
“Friday, the Thirteenth”
Thomas William Lawson, 1857-1925
ReTweet this show on Twitter – click the ReTweet button below! And do follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with all our shows. And please feel free to leave your comments below!
Photo by foxypar4
GIVE US A TITLE – GET A TITLE!
Join us next week in the chatroom and win another fabulous new title – in return for giving us a title for the show