Death To All Hobbits!
Watch out, Middle-Earth - he's coming for you!
Multi-award-winning author Mal Peet joins us for this special show: Mal’s off to New Zealand to teach a three-month creative writing workshop at the University of Wellington: before he visits the Land Of The Long White Cloud, he’s here to share his thoughts about this week’s topics… and also about hobbits (warning: Tolkien fans take cover!).
Today’s topics include:
- Prince George’s considers taking ownership of students’ work
- Associations Can’t Fight Copyright Claims on Behalf of Their Members
- Judge Clears Penguin of Negligence in Publishing Account of Illicit Affair
- Iowa and Minnesota Supreme Courts decide closely watched libel cases
- Lawsuit Threatened by Attorney Representing Author and Publisher of ‘The Harbinger’
- Knopf U.S. investigating publishing Scientology tell-all in Canada
- Broadway bosses stuck in tangled web of Spider-Man musical lawsuit
- Pentagon Relaxes Censorship of Afghan War Memoir
- Mortenson to seek dismissal of suit claiming he lied in books
Picture by Tim Cuff
You'll Also Love...
A funny, outrageous & nostalgic romp through the wildest and craziest years of British rock. From an age when Rock Gods really did walk the earth – or thought they did. Narrated by the author – download it now!